giovedì 1 settembre 2011

Where I'm going?


"Sometimes I wonder if I know where I'm going. I go for a walk like this. And it seems I've been walking for years and years and years. And I don't know where I'm going. I hear the Sound leading me on. And I don't know where it is taking me."

about Quantic: The Quantic is a live band project of musician and dj, Will Holland, from Bewdley, Worchestershire. Holland has recorded under several names, most notably Quantic. The band's lineup changes from album to album, with sometime members including Holland's sister, saxophonist Lucy Holland, his Limp Twins collaborator Russ Porter and former Hardkandy member Simon Little. Will Holland plays guitar and bass, and performs some of the percussion. Their music focuses on reviving a dusty funk and jazz sound. They are signed to the Tru Thoughts label and have released three albums to date as well as a collaborative album with renowned funk and soul artist Spanky Wilson. In 2007, Holland moved to Cali, Colombia. He set up an analogue studio and recorded and released The Quantic Soul Orchestra album Tropidélico (2007) and the self-titled debut from his tropical-dub side project, Quantic Presenta Flowering Inferno (2008), which featured a variety of musicians from the area. He subsequently assembled the Combo Bárbaro (lit. "group of barbarians", referring to non-Europeans).
Il 5 settembre 2011 esce in Europa questo (anche se personalmente preferisco la prima fase del gruppo - in particolare l'album The 5th Exotic (2001) - e non amo l'evoluzione latinoamericana).

Nessun commento: